11 Elizabeth Street, WoodendOffers over $849k Cir. 1880s
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car Spaces: 2
- Property type: House
- Land size: 713 sq metres
- Listing type: Under Contract
The Nurses Quarters Cir. 1880's
Owners having to move interstate due to work commitments is now your opportunity to own a piece of Ipswich's historical past.
This now 5 bedroom 2 bathroom home started its life as the nurses quarters for the Isolation Hospital which was situated next door. Later it was purchased by the Ipswich Hospital Recreation & Social Club. The Social Club renovated the house and removed all the internal walls creating a hall and enclosing the rear verandah (Now the lounge) for a pool room.
It has now been lovingly restored back to its former glory, with no expense spared. Not all the expensive work can be seen (Retaining walls, wiring etc) but this home is move in and do nothing but enjoy the lifestyle inner city Ipswich has to offer. Walk to everywhere. Cafes, restaurants, and the Pumpyard Brewery ;)
Inside you'll find 5 large bedrooms with 12 foot ceilings all with air conditioning. The large bedroom at the front currently being used as an office can easily be converted into another living area making it still a 4 bedroom and 2 living areas. The main bedroom has an two way ensuite and walk-in robe which I'm pretty sure is not original from the 1870's. ;)
This home is all about entertaining. From the brand new kitchen that opens out to the entertainment area complete with in ground Magnesium pool. From the lounge also, doors open out to another covered entertainment area.
Polished floors throughout and freshly painted interior.
If you like laundries, you're going to love this one.
Outside there is a 2 car carport, veggie gardens for when you plan to go off the grid.
Located walking distance to Ipswich Boys Grammar, St Edmunds College, St Marys College and Primary School. This home sits proud amongst other historical homes in easily Ipswich's number one heritage precinct.
If you want own a piece of Ipswich's history then take the 360 Virtual Tour and if you're pre approved and you like what you see, call Jason for a private tour with Ipswich's number 1 tour guide.
NO OPEN HOMES. INSPECTIONS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Air Conditioning
- Split-System Air Conditioning
- Fully Fenced
- Outdoor Entertainment Area
- Swimming Pool - In Ground
- Download brochure
- Alarm System
- Broadband Internet Available
- Built-in Wardrobes
- Pay TV Access
- • Fully air conditioned every room • Upgraded power service to 63 amps • New Ceiling fans Living room • Freshly painted interior • New Ensuite • New Walk in Robe • New Kitchen • New Polished floors in Kitchen • New Laundry and storage area • New Curtains and blinds • Frosted SAFETY glass installed in all overhead breezeways • Built in wardrobes and bay window installed in front bedrooms • Magnesium Swimming Pool • Landscaped gardens • Auto timed sprinkler system installed • 6 garden beds installed with organic fertile soil for edible garden • Lockable Batwing gates installed on front both sides of front of house • Lattice installed down both sides of side verandahs • Energex security key to Energex box • Lockable new pedestrian gate • New Crimsafe front screen door lockable • Security cameras • Sensored lights in driveway • Driveway automatic gates • New power points installed in all rooms • Powerpoints installed everywhere outside • All decking maintained • Side retainer wall • Front gardens professionally manicured maintained • Walk to Ipswich Boys Grammar, St Edmunds & St Marys, Close to transport • Walking distance to shops and CBD!